Wednesday, May 19, 2010

2010 Indianapolis Mini Marathon!!

Realizing we could take the opportunity to come home to Indiana, as well as get ourselves back in shape (let's face it...I had a few pounds of baby weight left to lose!), Jason and I happily (haha) signed up for the Mini Marathon.  Now, we have both done it in the past...this was my 5th or 6th, and Jason's second...yet, neither one of us was is runner shape about 4 months ago. 

Diligently, we stuck, for the most part, to our running schedules and made it through 12 weeks of training!  Half marathon weekend has arrived....

We went to the expo downtown which is always fun because they have great things to look at, and fun running stuff to buy!  A couple of my South Bend buddies, Janelle and Scott, met us at the expo.  It was awesome to see them since I have not seen or done a race with them in a couple of years!  After the expo, we went to Buca Di Beppo for a carbo loading dinner!  Much to our surprise we were seated at the Pope's table, which is sort of its own little room (perfect for the crazy table with the crazy child!)  As we should get that room...my mom booked the reservation in January!!!  

One of my best friends from High School, Alison, was also able to make it to dinner!!  She now lives in Chicago and just completed her first Boston Marathon.

The Pope's table...the center was a big lazy Susan!

Chase was checking out the Pope's chair

Janelle, Scott, Bruce and Ann

Alison, Me, Marie, Paul, Chase, and Jason

Me, Chase and Alison

After the big carbo loading, we were ready to go!! Race morning was a bit winding, but overall awesome weather: overcast and cool (about 45 degrees at the finish) which was perfect for 13.1 miles of running.  I was lucky enough to have my friend Alison by my side from mile 3-13!  That's right, my awesome friend hopped in with my at mile 3 and coached me/entertained me the whole way!!!

Our times:
Kim- 2:18:40
Jason: 1:57:11 
Bruce: 2:03:48
Ann: 1:45:07
Awesome job group!

No comments:

Post a Comment