Thursday, March 24, 2011

Eleanor Grace Larsen

I am delighted to announce the birth of our daughter, Eleanor Grace Larsen. 
Born on St Patrick's Day (just like Mommy and Daddy wanted!!!)
                                     March 17, 2011 at 2:20am
                            7 pounds 10 ounces, 20 inches long. 
                   She is absolutely beautiful!!  See for yourself:
Mom, Dad and new Baby Ellie!
Right after her bath, already a little shamrock baby
Chase loves his little sister

After I had been contracting all day on the 16th, we went into the hospital for our scheduled induction as planned.  My doctor was on call on the 16th, so we went in that evening hoping to have a baby before 7am on the 17th.  Luckily for me, I was already 3-4 cm/80% effaced, so he was able to break my water around 9pm.  I knew after having Chase I wasn't going to have much tolerance for labor pains...my goal was to make it until 10pm before wanting my epidural... I made it to 9:45pm (believe it or not, this is an improvement from when I had Chase)  I don't remember it hurting quite that bad with Chase- although with him I wasn't contracting like I was with Ellie.  After Dr Svendsen broke my water, my contractions went from every 5 minutes to every 2-3 minutes...they hurt.  I ended up needing 2 epidural because the first one didn't take on my left side, but aroun 11:30pm I was finally beginning to feel comfortable.  I tried to sleep (Jason was sawing logs) but had little success.  My WONDERFUL nurse Mandy checked me at 2 am, and I was complete! YAY! once everything was set up, it took only 4 contractions and she was here!  The experience was quite short, but pain free (at the end) and just so smooth.  I feel fortunate to have now had 2 great labor and delivery experiences... and we got our wish- on the 17th, before 7am!!

Chase is loving his little sister.  He expresses interest in holding her, and calming her down when she cries.  He says "it's okay baby Ellie" or "do you need your passy baby Ellie" and my personal favorite "I am right here baby Ellie"... Melts my heart!  I am sure, with time, this is all going to change :)  Until then, we are a happy family of four recovering nicely at home!!

No comments:

Post a Comment