Sunday, June 7, 2009

New Job, A Wedding, Family Visits!!

So much has happened in the last couple of weeks! First of all, I got a new job! woohoo! I will be working at Presbyterian Hospital here in Charlotte on the special care maternity and labor and delivery areas. Only a couple of days a week, but through the summer I will be orienting full time. Therefore, the Chase man has gone to daycare for the first time! We started with Kindercare, who my sister takes Claire to and she really likes. So far so good. They told me this week that Chase was a VERY good boy (of course he was!) And, of course, that he was such a talkative little boy, which is spot on! It was a looooong week for me being that I was missing my little boy all day and I had to sit through hospital and then nursing orientation...ugh. I loved going to pick him up every afternoon and was very excited to take him home. The separation wasn't as hard as I thought it would be, which was good.

Thursday, of this busy first work week, Jason jetted off to Cleveland Ohio for his friend Matt's wedding.


The wedding was Friday, and then Jason came back Saturday
afternoon to welcome our out of town visitors that were passing through: Grandpa Larsen, Aunt Barbie and Uncle Lance, Aunt Sue, Uncle Charlie and Jeffrey! It was great having family to entertain. Grandpa stayed with us Saturday night, which was a great excuse for me to deep clean the place and update all of my picture frames! The rest of the clan came over for dinner. I made spaghetti pizza (YUM!) with salad, garlic bread, and veggies. We had banana chocolate bread and cupcakes for dessert.


Sunday, we all met for lunch before the crew started their drive up to the midwest. It was SO great seeing them. It definitely reminded me about how much I miss seeing family. We are so thankful that they could stop for the weekend and see little Chase. I think Chase's favorite person was Jeffrey...Chase just loved him!



Amidst this hectic week, we introduced oatmeal to the Chase monster. He is still trying to get the hang of eating. Of course, I have a video :) Chase has learned to enjoy peek-a-boo!



No comments:

Post a Comment