Thursday, April 28, 2011

Easter EGGstravaganza's 2011!!

Easter has been streeetched out for us over the past few weeks, which is great for me because it has always been one of my very favorite holidays.  I don't know if it's because it is close to my birthday, or because I love the great music at church on Easter morning, or if it's because I absolutely LOVE Easter egg hunts...regardless, I find everything about this holiday quite refreshing and special.

When my dad was here a few weeks ago, I was able to bake and decorate Easter cookies:

We also had the pleasure of having Sara, Matthew and Hunter in town with us the weekend before Easter for Sara's spring break.  Among other fun things, we were able to do some Easter egg dying.  Hunter wasn't so much into it, and Chase really was intrigued by the stickers... but Matthew and I had a blast!

 sideways...but you get the picture
Chase looks very annoyed that this picture interrupted his sticker session.

Thankfully, Jason had Good Friday off, and Chase man didn't have school, so we went into Charlotte for an Easter Bunny Brunch.  My sister and family were in town last year for this event and we had a ball, so I really wanted to go again.  Luckily, it was on Good Friday; we headed to ATL Saturday morning to spend Easter with family.  Last year, the Easter Bunny was a bit scary for Chase

Easter 2010:

This year, Chase had a little man crush on the Easter Bunny... Chase viewed the Easter Bunny like a celebrity- really it was quite precious...take a look:

Easter 2011:
 Look Mom, it's the Easter Bunny!!

Chase cut in front of another kid to go back up to the Easter Bunny and give him a high five!

Of course, this was brunch and one of my favorite activities this year was the little craft project they had us make out of our english muffins...something I will be sure to replicate for future Easters:
easy AND cute!

Then of course, there was the hunt.  We didn't find the golden egg at this Easter egg hunt...



Saturday morning we headed to Atlanta where my Aunt Cindy and Uncle Dan live.  My grandpa Chase and Uncle Terry also came down for the occasion, as well as my Aunt Shauna and Uncle Tom from Nevada and their children Matt (with his wife Kristen and son TJ) and Emily who flew in from Pennsylvania... wow...
TJ and Chase are about the same age, so it is always fun to see how they will interact together.  Most of the time, they are like two peas in a pod!  They were able to play together in the pool as well as dye some Easter eggs together:
 Uncle Terry and Chase playing with blocks
 In their Easter smocks (thanks Aunt Cindy) ready to dye some eggs!
yikes... this was stressful, yet fun to watch :)

Sunday morning we got up and had a nice private mass at the house held by Fr Terry before we headed out to the St Marlo Easter egg hunt.  Now, contrary to Jason's story, I DID NOT beat up a 7 yr old kid to get a golden egg...I did however tell him that he was a cheater (but he called me one first!)  It's a long story... call me if you want all the details :)
 grandpa and I looking sharp, as always :)
Chase collecting his goodies! 
After the big hunt, we went back to Aunt Cindy's and Uncle Dan's where the Easter Bunny had been and went on a hunt for Chase and Eleanor's easter baskets.  They were in Aunt Cindy's grand bathtub...

After we looked at what the Easter bunny brought Chase, we had yet another egg hunt in Aunt Cindy and Uncle Dan's back yard.... super fun!!  It was getting quite warm though, so some of the miscellaneous chocolate sitting out in the sun got melted.  The rest of the eggs made it!
After the egg hunt... all hot and sweaty
Our prize...err, I mean Chase's prize for finding the golden egg
The Easter Basket hidden by the bunny :)
 
 he was into the candy (which was VERY limited) immediately!!

Chase in his official easter egg hunting cap at Aunt Cindy's house... too cute!
Ellie in her adorable easter outfit (thanks again Aunt Cindy and Uncle Dan!)
loving pool/hot tub time!
the boys were exhausted, and Chase who rarely naps at all was able to fall asleep on dad... precious :)

After all of that craziness, we got to enjoy Aunt Cindy's marvelous cooking and had pork tenderloin, ham, sweet potatoes, grandma's special rolls, cream puffs and refrigerator cookies (among MANY other things...) It was a FABULOUS weekend and such a special way to spend Easter!!

No comments:

Post a Comment