Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Thanksgiving Blog...a little late


Our Family!


Obviously, with the holidays quickly approaching, the month has gotten ahead of me and I have not had time to blog about everything going on recently! I will first rewind back to Thanksgiving. This year we had the privilege of hosting Jason's parents, Paul and Marie, as well as my Aunt Bun (Barbara) for the week. I was SO nervous about cooking in such a small kitchen and ruining the thanksgiving meal, but it all worked out GREAT! The only thing I wish I would've done differently was stuff the turkey a little less. I am pretty sure I had waaaaay too much stuffing in my bird, which caused the whole thing to cook slower, and therefore didn't come out in time. Luckily there wasn't too much of a delay, and I was able to scoop out the inside stuffing and cook it a little longer to make it work. There is always something to learn when cooking!!!

The best part of the week was having them here. Jason was able to take his dad to a Bobcats game, as well as the auto show! Marie and I went to the Southern Christmas Show and got LOTS of goodies!!! It's never good when you get two women ready to spend money in an expo full of Christmas stuff! Marie also took the reigns on taking care of Chase for the week. Now don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE being a Mother. Getting to share special moments with Chase everyday is what I look forward to most. But with her around, Jason and I were able to get out of changing poopy diapers :) We even managed to squeeze in a movie date!!



Me, Jason and Aunt Bun posing with our silly name cards


My overstuffed bird...but it sure tasted great!!


Grandpa and Chase


My beautiful, and quaint table :)


The Grandparents saying goodbye!!

No comments:

Post a Comment